5.06.2010

Wedding Notes :: Father-Daughter Dance Song Ideas

As my wedding day approaches (just 5 months away!), I'm trying to get more and more things checked off the to-do list. One fun thing that I wanted to figure out was the Father-Daughter dance song. Now, I know not every bride wants to do this tradition, but my Dad is my buddy, and I definitely wanted this to be our special time during the crazy wedding day.

After a lot of research (hours!), my Dad and I finally agreed on Adele's version of "Make You Feel My Love," which is is originally a Bob Dylan song. This song has special meaning to my family, too, because my Dad danced to this same song with my older sister at her wedding, but in the Garth Brooks version (which is also very, very pretty..even for non-country fans!).

It was surprisingly hard to find some good (read: non-sappy, non-corny) songs to choose from, so I wanted to share this list of sweet and modern father-daughter dance songs that I found. I didn't want all of my labor to be for naught! This can be a great starting off point for your search, or maybe you love one of these! Enjoy! -Kami

--Michael Buble "How Sweet It Is" (There are also many other artists who do a version of this song, i.e. James Taylor)
--The Beach Boys "God Only Knows"
--Adele "Make You Feel My Love" (also a lot of other versions of this song by various artists)
--Billy Joel "Just the Way You Are"
--Billy Joel "Lullaby (Goodnight, My Angel)"
--Paul Simon "Father & Daughter"
--Ray Charles "Ain't that Love"
--Johnny Cash "You Are My Sunshine" (lots of other versions of this song)
--Ozzy Osborne "Here For You" (a little long, but maybe you or the DJ could shorten it)
--also Neil Young's version of "Here For You"
--James Taylor's "You've Got A Friend"
and one of my all-time favorites:
--Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (I still want to work this song into my wedding somehow!)

That's all I've got! Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment